Saturday, September 02, 2006

I don't need anybody else cos....

Last night I tried reading the book of Isaiah. I read three chapters, I think. I've read bits and pieces before, but haven't really tried to read it all... To be completely honest, I felt confused. There's so many names and so many places that I forget who's who and where that place is, and who the kings are of what, and why oh why is Jerusalem a whore?! lol. And man, God's so angry. :(

I have a lot of trouble reading a lot of the Old Testament, actually. It's so... blood and guts and God shaking his fist and wanting to kill everyone for their transgressions. I read the book of Job last year and I think that that's the first and only OT book that I've managed to read through and enjoy. The rest is so ... hard and confusing. They're referring to the Lord of David, the Lord of Jacob ... is this not the same Lord?! Ahhh. Confusing. I gave up and turned to the Psalms instead, cause I wasn't getting too much comfort from God through Isaiah. :/

Ebaying going well. I put a pair of pajamas on ebay. They are second hand, that I've worn a bit and made no secret of it. Well, I put a $5 price on it, thinking that I'd probably drop it down cos I didn't even expect them to go for that much... They are pretty cute and they're licenced Scooby Doo PJs... but still... They have 9 bids and are at $20.50! Whoo hoo!

I'm still waiting to be paid for three jobs, and then I can get my car fixed and it seems again as though I have bills coming out of my ears. I'm trying to be really, really careful with money... Trying. (Sometimes failing). I know I have to get priorities straight in terms of bills though because I'm planning to go to Sydney next month and I'll need to put a little bit aside each week for that.

Meanwhile... I'm bored. I need a new project on the internet to keep me amused. My friend and I started this ---> http://mjjinsider.blogspot.com awhile ago... and we killed ourselves laughing at our great wit -- then obviously a couple days later decided we couldn't be bothered anymore, but I wish I had the creative energy to keep poking fun of the news. I want to do something that requires more of my brain than playing tetris or bloody slide puzzle games online.

Australian Idol is pretty cool this year. My favourites are; Reigan Derry, Damien (the Irish guy), Nathanial, Lisa Mitchell (just cos she's cute and reminds me a bit of Dorin) and pretty Ricky. Oh, Jessica Mauboy is good and so is Joseph... Now that I've named half of the top 12, I'm off to go and have a shower and wash my hair. Saturday afternoon special.

My Mum has gone for a job interview today. It annoys me a little that here I am in my 22 yr old glory, and can't get a supermarket job, but my Mum who's 50 can get an interview. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME!? ... Anyway, I hope she gets it. I won't have to hear as many money woes and we'll possibly have more groceries, hence this will alleviate me from having to spend so much money each week on food.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*jumps up and down in a tantrum* why doesnt anyone bid on MYYYYYY ebay stuff? :( Huh? HUh?
O/T is hard. You have to have a clear head when u read it. Im up to Chronicles atm...and only read twice this week cus of being tooooo tired to be able to concentrate enough to follow the plot....
i find...with the old testament...if i didnt start from th ebeginning...i wouldnt be able to pik up crap if i started anywhere else!

MJJ Insider said...

ive read genises and a lot of exodus ... maybe I should start from there too?

Good luck with your ebay stuff :)

Dorinny said...

Lisa Mitchell? LOL jessy, I'm flattered, but she doesn't remind me of myself at all. She is adorable though, isn't she? I love her style. I hope she gets far, if not, wins..

I'm selling a dining table on ebay. Not sure if i gave enough time for the bidding, but hopefully it'll sell. I'm sick of it already..

In other news, I really feel that to properly understand the old testament, you must read the hebrew version (with english translation) because rabbis offer the best explanations in the footnotes. :) Unless of course, you're already reading a Hebrew version, in which case, you can always email a rabbi and ask about what it means. :)

Dorinny said...

For example, in english versions of the text, there's no way you'll know about the kabbalistic interpretation of why Abraham oferred for Sarah to stay with the King of Egypt, and pretended to be her brother. Kabbalistic interpretations are really cool because it gives you the inside scoop on all the weird confusing parts of the Torah ;)