Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Viral Arthritis... is it even possible?

Ok here's medical report #423044.

I went back to the dr today okay. 3 days ago, I woke up to pain in my legs, over the day it got progressively worse til yesterday afternoon, I was crying in pain. The only relief I could get was lying in the one spot and not moving at all for hours. I slept as much as I could. I slept til about 2pm, went back to sleep at 4pm, and went to bed around 9:30pm. The pain started from my thighs to my lower shins. Just a dull ache. No swelling, no redness, no muscular ache. It wasn't even sore to the touch. My joints just ached really bad and I couldn't get comfortable.

I couldn't sit up for more than a few minutes at a time. I couldn't walk around much. The only time I experienced full pain relief was when I was lying in the bathtub of really hot water. After the bath I had temporary pain relief, and eventually just had to go and lay down again.

I woke up this morning with the same. Crying my eyes out all morning. Finally, I went back to the doctor only to be informed she was running really late. I wasn't able to sit up for that long, so I asked to see the next available doctor. I made my Mum come with me this time. The dr I saw, looked all of about 12 yrs old. She hardly spoke English and so we explained my symptoms. She checked me over. I told her about my main concern, my legs...

She asked questions. I told her it was just pain. She tells Mum that it's probably because of the virus that I've just had and that it's in my bones. She said, "viral arthritis." Rightio then. She said "You'll probably find it'll get better by about two weeks."

TWO WEEKS???? I'm sorry lady, I can't handle it for even 1 more day :( :( :(

She tells me, "take paracetamol." Good Lord... if paracetamol helped me, do you think I'd even be here?? My Mum said to her, "She was up all night crying in pain, paracetamol isn't doing a thing." she paused for like ... 15 seconds and then nodded knowingly and said again, "Take paracetamol..."

.... wha... ???

What a bloody waste of time. I got home, fell back in to bed and cried all afternoon. I had a bath and rubbed ice gel in to it. And it's given me some pain relief, thankfully, I am able to sit up for a bit. I can feel the pain still but it's not as bad as it was earlier. I'm not crying anymore? I hope that it gets progressively better, because right now it hurts so much. :(

I have a wedding party to go to this weekend, and also I have stuff planned next week. :(:( I've been praying a lot about this illness, cos I feel like it's really brought me right down in an already crappy few weeks, but I just want to feel completely well. I hope that this, like everything else will pass, God willing.

xox
Jess

3 comments:

antonia said...

Hey Jess, yep Viral Arthritis is possible. I got a lecture on it about 4 days before my wedding so I can hardly remember any of it so I cant give any advice, but I can confirm its existance!

Ugh, it sounds YUCKY!

am so sorry the dr was not very helpful either!

Get well soon,

-x-x-x-

Dorinny said...

You'll get better jessy :) B'ezrat Hashem (G-d willing).

Anonymous said...

I've always said GPs are sort of useless...