Friday, September 22, 2006

Something on my mind...

I've changed. Really, truly changed -- and I hate to support the theory of evolution, but I've really evolved as a person. This is encouraging to know especially when I'm down and out and feeling as though things aren't fast-tracking as I'd like them to.

It started back a few weeks ago when someone who I started to consider as a "former-friend" emailed me. We sent emails back and forth about the demise of our friendship and everything that was underlying. I don't want to be too hard on myself because I know that I was going through a tough few years during the peak time of our friendship, but I am very, very ashamed of the person that I used to be. I was so judgemental and so angry and ... half of the time I didn't know if I was coming or going. I was so influential. I prided myself on not being swayed, not letting someone poison my mind when it came to making my own decisions and forming my own opinions, but gosh ... I was way off.

And spiteful... I never considered myself to be spiteful, but if I look back at it all and examine my conscience, I really, really was. I was even spiteful toward people that I cared so much about. I said/did things without cause, just because I was angry with everyone. I resented people for the most ridiculous things. I talked about people behind their backs even when I was so adamant that I wasn't like that. Half of the time, I think that I was subconsciously trying to alienate everyone from me so that I wouldn't ever have to feel rejected later on.

I let my father down so much. I mosied through life brushing off his advice, his guidance and his wisdom because I was so confident that I knew better. I boasted that he didn't understand, that no one understood -- but that was neither here nor there, if I just followed his advice, I wouldn't have felt that way to begin with. I am aware that everyone makes mistakes and there's always room in life for trial and error -- but I've actually failed at life til this point because of the way that I've prioritised things.

I hate that I brushed off everyone's problems as if they didn't exist. I hate that I wasn't there for people when they needed me the most because I was far too worried about what was going on in my own little messed up head. I didn't see how much I was hurting others -- and even if I did see it, I probably wouldn't have cared. I probably would have thought it was their problem. God forbid if anyone tried to step in and help me -- I saw it all as personal attacks and resented them more for it.

There's a part of me that's still hurting inside because of everything that I've endured, that I've been through and that I haven't been able to share with other people. It's a part of my heart that has been permanently damaged, but I do believe that everybody has a piece of them just the same. Unfortunately for me, I let it consume me. I let it set me apart and jade me for far too long.

A lot of things have been sorted through a barrage of open and boldly honest emails, and for that I am grateful. I am grateful because it allows me to see everything that I have been, and what today I am not.

I have only one person to thank for this, and that is My Father Almighty -- Christ, My Lord, Jesus. I might not be exactly where I expected I would be, but at least I'm mildly going in the right direction which is more than I ever imagined I could do. Sometimes life is hard and it's frustrating and when I wake up all I want to do is cry because I feel so stagnant but I try to have faith in the fact that eventually I will be completely pleasing to God, not just when I feel like I can sum up the courage.

At least that's what my heart is hoping.

8 comments:

antonia said...

May God Bless You

-x-

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I dont know any teen that listened to their parents!! Hence the famous cliche "You grow wiser with age"!
And looking back is great- you acknowledge what youve done..but hey the great thing is- now u can look fwd and make it right.
*breaks into song* Your taller, stronger....beeeettttterrrrrrRRRR than beforRRRRRRe! *dunanuh!*

P.s What is this MC song on your playlist???

P.P.S when dis u have the time to talk to D?!!

MJJ Insider said...

Thank you Antonia :) x

Val>>
Haha yeah but the difference was, I wasnt a teen. I was a grown adult.

MC? Mariah? It's "Bringin' On The Heartbreak"

and who is D lol! Dorin? Deb???

MJJ Insider said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MJJ Insider said...

Dear anon, you actually have no idea. Stop commenting at my journal and constantly remind yourself before your actions that you will reap what you sow.

Of course predictably you're going to tell me that I should remind myself of that, but at least I am making amends for my mistakes and leaving well and good alone. Perhaps you should think about doing the same.

Leave me alone.

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely. It's been awhile since I've read your blog.

You're growing beautifuly, I wish I had your determination. I'd be the type of person that gets thrown off very easily, but not you.

You're lovely and that's why you're my friend.

Thanks for last night. I'm still recovering. LOL j/k Jess isn't a freak guys...:-D

Cya on MSN, you aren't on right now. I should kill you.

Anonymous said...

Jess: two words.

Michael Ochs.

I found someone who can give us those photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crap your pants, do it!

MJJ Insider said...

Firstly, Vicky... I. love. you. cause. you. are. perfect. (I wrote a song for you and it was called yellow. Oh what a thing to do!) And because you are Morpheous to my Neo.

2ndly, OMG... *SPASMS* whereareyouwhereareyouwhereareyou

MICHAELOCHES IS LIKE MUSIC TO MY UNMUSICAL EARS!!!!!!1111

OMG!!!!!!!111 Vicky you are mighty :D

Clarissa, LOL of course I was kidding. It's natural for everyone to evolve as a person and I know that's exactly what I've been doing. (As well as just about everyone and everything around me)