Saturday, September 09, 2006

Day 6 of the dreaded virus.

Yuck :(

I've been sitting at the computer for small intervals throughout the past 2 days, so I know I'm getting better slowly. My head hurts still so much. My taste buds no longer work. My right ear is blocked and it's bugging the crap out of me. I've probably lost a few kgs cos I have hardly eaten anything.

I'm all coughed out. Literally. I'm sure that over the past three nights my Mum and stepfather have wanted to break in to my room and actually smother me with a pillow. Each time I'd fall asleep I'd be woken up again by my own coughing. It's really hard for me when I get a really deep chest cough cos it's difficult to find the lung capacity to inhale deep enough to cough it out. It usually takes a good couple of minutes to cough up each turn. It's frustrating and it gives me the worst chest pains and headaches. Imagine the annoying sound of a constant cough?

Each time I'd wake up and do that I'd see my dog looking at me at the end of my bed with an evil twinkle in her eye pretending to sleep on the pillow, but I'm sure seconds prior to my waking, she was about to suffocate me with it.

Anyway, since I have no idea where my good ol'e trusty vapouriser disappeared to (I have a strange suspicion some bright spark gave it to my neice) my Mum is currently trying to push me into buying a new one. I'm such a scrooge though at the moment, and don't really want to fork over the money when I know my cough should completely leave me in about a month (haha).

I have to go back to the dr on tuesday. My back and my tummy are in so much coughing pain... Or perhaps more straining from the cough. I still need more rest tho. It's just such crap to be so sick. I hate it. blah.

I just had a spaghetti sandwich which tasted like pineapple (my taste buds are screwed, I tell you) and for some reason everything I drink tastes like cheap alcohol (and I don't really like alcohol).

So that's about that for now. I'm going back to lay down and inevitably watch more episodes of the Fresh Prince (yes, I know, there's only so many episodes, but I've watched a couple multiple times now... I'm really that sad.)

Jess

5 comments:

antonia said...

wow, you've got a pretty nasty bug there Jessy. :-(

am glad to hear that you're starting to get slowly slowly better though.

lotsa love,

-x-x-x-

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
We should get together- you, my mum and I and form our very own cough trio.
Im getting sooo stressed with the thought of needing to be better by monday my laranjitis does not want to get better!
Ive watched so much tv, and have been watching (literally) ebay for so long- i think my holiday has made me lose half my brain cells.

My mum has no taste buds either, everything was smelling like bacon before for me but now im eating like a pig- im blowing up like a balloon :( bleh.

so....yeah...there u go..i know u needed to know that ^. As u can see im a silent trooper also!

At least u have Fresh Prince- i would give anything for that right now! *i wanna cry!*

Unknown said...

I hope you get better soon, what a horrible bug, it will be nice to hear of it going. Lately it seems bugs get nastier and nastier every year.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better. I've felt like that before and it's awful. You're in my prayers.

Also, as an aside, I once met Alfonso Ribeira, the guy who played Carlton on "Fresh Prince" (assuming you're talking about the USA TV show). Somewhere at my parent's house there is a photo of me with him.

Dorinny said...

Hey jessy, sounds like you have a nastier version of what my sister has been going through for the last couple of weeks. But she puts it down to hayfever. Hey, maybe you have hayfever? It is Spring after all? Try taking some Zyrtech :) anyway, I'm no doctor, but I'm sure you'll get better soon. Love ya!