Friday, September 22, 2006

Down with the angels, hangin' in the heavens....

Today I'm feeling a bit "blah" and I'm not really sure why. Nothing bad has happened, nothing good either, really. I was supposed to go see friends yesterday but still wasn't feeling up to scratch. On tuesday night I had some really bad news and coupled with what's going on with my Dad's partner .. I just felt a bit down. I did talk to my Dad though, and his partners surgery went well, but they won't know the final results until they come back from the pathology in a weeks time. I'll keep you all updated on that.

Secondly, I bought Guy Sebastian's new single yesterday like the lovely dutiful fan that I am. It's a great idea for artists to put b side songs on their cds cos it makes people who like the artist more inclined to buy it. There's a b side on the single that is a thousand times better than the actual release and I've had it on repeat ever since. He just sounds better these days and although it was good at the time, I'm glad he's not doing the wannabe R&B/urban genre anymore. This new music sounds a lot more fresh. Anyhoo, the song is called "Do Life" (the b side) and there are a few little lines in it that I love ;; but especially, "I wanna be part of the ocean, a river in motion, I wanna be down with the angels hangin' in the heavens... there's no place I'd rather be..." Sometimes I wonder why I'm a fan -- but when he opens his mouth to sing, I remember.

I think my trip to Sydney is on the backburner for now. It's ridiculous to go if I can't afford to -- which is really disappointing cos I miss my Dad so much right now and I really want to see him and give him a big hug. :( Also, I really miss all of my friends.... But I guess there will be another time.

I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Alice Springs. I met her in 2004 and spent a week with her, then saw her again in Melbourne, and hung out with her for a day or two mid last year... We catch up by phone now and then or through email -- but I was so excited to find out the other night that she's moving to Victoria in December for good. She's so much fun and such a sweet person. We got along amazingly from the first time I met her -- so I'm really happy that I'll have a new friend out here soon enough. I'll also have a new church buddy that isn't over the age of 70. haha.

So anyway, since I've had a lot of time to myself, I created the video below. I made it originally but had to edit cos it was too long which really annoyed me. *Shakes fist at youtube* -- but it's edited, and it's my first go at making anything like this... so have a look at it and let me know what you think... (Dorinny, you're famous! hehehe.) I'm a little bit proud cos I showed my Mum and it made her cry -- haha. And while I sat there making it, looking at photos and listening to audios and watching videos -- I found myself crying like a bitch lol. Anyhoo... here it is;

2 comments:

Dorinny said...

I hope C is ok, and hopefully you'll make it to sydney soon to see her and your dad.

Great video jessy. I look so shiney and strange, especially because you can just see my head. LOL

I know you're not Jewish, but Happy New Year anyway :) Love ya

MJJ Insider said...

Thank you :) Happy new year to you too. :D

and LOL @ your head. You're just a head and two hands holding a banner. I always crack up at how you didnt continue with the black writing and instead just wrote the rest in black texta. You could have at least coloured in the letters with black texta LOL.

Hope I'll get to come and see you soon, too! :)