Thursday, September 14, 2006

At last some progress...

Thank the good Lord for Ice Gel which numbs all my troubles away...

So we're making slow and steady progress. After spending the past 4 days bawling my eyes out like a 5 yr old in absolute agony, I feel slightly better. My legs aren't aching as hardcore as they were, and it seems afforementioned stupid doctor may not have been so stupid after all. Oopsie. However, that doesn't take away the fact that she was dumb for not listening when I said I was in so much pain that panadol wasn't doing anything.

I have things planned next week so I really hope that I feel better. Also, Caro has her wedding party this weekend and I want to be better by then. Since, I still don't have my car (we put it in to be fixed on monday) I'm having my Mum drive me out to Caro's which is cool. I don't know how long I'll stay, I guess it depends on how my stupid legs are going.

In other news, Penny and I were very excited to know that Placebo are in fact in Australia. I'm an idiot though, cause I haven't been keeping up with any gig guides over the past few months and I had no idea they were even touring. And in fact, if I wasn't so sick and had a bit of initiative about me, I could have got tickets to see them at Rove the other night. If their concert was in October, I'd have loved to have gone, but the concert is here in Melbourne on Friday night and well... I don't really have any money to be throwing around at gigs anymore. Next time. Did I mention that Brian Molko has such pretty eyes??

Anyhoozle. At least I can sit at the computer for more than half an hour without wanting to go and eat a bowl full of painkillers and pass out in bed for a couple of days.

Thanks to everyone for your lovely thoughtful messages. I hope I continue to get better from here on. I don't want to speak too soon though.
xoxo
Jess

7 comments:

Dorinny said...

Glad you're on the recovery road cuteness. You'll be back to normal before you know it :) And Caro's wedding??? She's getting Marrieeed??? everyone's getting married except me :(

MJJ Insider said...

Yeah Caro is getting married! It was imminent, she and Lee have been together now for almost 6 or 7 yrs I think!

Im not getting married either dorin. Want to be my back up plan??!?! hahaha.

xoxoxox

Dorinny said...

LOL uh.. no thank you.
but I'm flattered.. or am I? I mean, being a "last resort" isn't all that glamorous... you bastard.

MJJ Insider said...

Did I mention that I love you?! hahaha.

Dorinny said...

Love you too dollface. I'm just about to head off to the gym to get ready to go to my friend's house for shabbat dinner. I'm not going to synagogue, I need to be in close vicinity to a toilet because Ive been sick all bloody day, and I feel too guilty to cancel dinner tonight :(

Unknown said...

Hi Jess,
I have been away for a few days and haven't kept up with how you have been, but i'm going to read down a bit. I am so very happy that you are feeling better, I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers because you sounded so unwell in the last post I read. Have you tried nurofen? I find it to be pretty good with pain that panadol wont fix. But anyways, lets hope you don't need it again!
Keep getting better and I hope you check out more gig guides and see all the great bands!
Love,
Carmel

Anonymous said...

Hoping you're feeling better love. xo

Aly