Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Exhausted.

I suck at going to bed at a reasonable hour. I went to bed at about 1am after aiming to go at 11pm. I didn't fall asleep until about 2:30am, and I woke up at 5am to go to the city to see Guy Sebastian this morning (priorities!) and came home to work this afternoon and now I am absolutely exhausted.

I've been sitting here watching the interview with Terri Irwin (Steve Irwins wife) and have been bawling my eyes out. It's so sad that he died leaving his beautiful little kids. :(

I went to a good concert on sunday night. Ricki Lee Coulter, Paulini, Emily Williams, Kate DeAraugo or whatever her name is ... and Guy Sebastian. Was pretty freakin' awesome. I met Ricki Lee, Paulini and Emily afterwards. Ricki and Paulini were so sweet and lovely. Did I ever mention how much I love live gigs?




Ricki Lee Coulter & I (And Michael Jackson!)


Paulini & I (and Michael Jackson!)

I also saw the rest of the new Australian Idols performing today ... can I just say... I'm not at all the kind of fan of anything that will scream, shake, cry, turn-in-to-12-yr-old-mush, or become so starstruck that I can't even speak. Mostly, my fandoms are very calm and I'm not even particularly enthusiastic when I'm at concerts and stuff. I just really, really love music so much that I'm more interested in knowing stuff about their performance or whatever, more so than I am interested in them as people. (unless we're talking about MJ -- and sometimes Guy. I find both of their lifestyles to be kinda fascinating. MJ the visionary, Guy the good Christian example.)

So I really don't understand (or like) it when I have people absolutely screaming in my ear over someone who has only been in the public eye for about 3 and a half weeks (Aus Idol contestants) professing their love, wedding vows .. the whole shebang... It would be different if said contestants had actually achieved something. If they'd put out half decent music, or performed so amazing that your socks and toupees were blown off in the process - but no. All of these singers are reasonably attractive with mediocre talent - nothing special at all. And all save a few, their egos seem really out of proportion.

Anyway, I almost had the blood of a couple thousand teenyboppers on my hands. For glances as far as my eyes would take me was a sea of pirate stripes, supre belts, bumble bee glasses and the asphixiating smell of lipsmackers coming back from 1997 to haunt me. Yuck.

I did very much enjoy Guy singing two new songs that I hadn't heard before (One called Elevator Love LOL! .. sounds so sleazy, but actually it's nothing to do with having sex in an elevator, okay!?) and I was able to temporarily ignore the squealing and just bask in his beautiful voice. Really, I love the sound of his voice. Spent some time with a couple friends and said a brief hello to another before coming home.

Went in to work for a bit. And now I'm very exhausted. I'm working again tomorrow, but I think I'm just going to go in in the afternoon cos I have way too much planned between now and then.

That's all for now. It's been a pretty full on week. I'll be so happy to have my car back.

God Bless,
Jess

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great photos! I like the Ricki one...and gurrl you look GREAT!!!
Teenyboppers: i feel your pain!

MJJ Insider said...

Thanks Val :D

Anonymous said...

Fweee! Dean is hot. xD (end teenybopper moment here)

Great pics! And boo. I went to bed at 9.30 and I'm STILL tired now.

Dorinny said...

your hair is soo puuurdy.. aawe you look sexy babe.
glad you had an awesome night and a busy week. busy weeks are the best :)

MJJ Insider said...

My hair is sooooooo long ehehehe. hey i was talking to Guy the other night (guy our friend, not guy seb lol) and he goes, "OMG HOW MUCH DOES LISA FROM IDOL LOOK LIKE DORIN!!!!!! ITS UNCANNY!!!!!!!!!!" ... its soooo true1!!! haha

:D Aly, there were a heap of dean fans there too... eep. crazy!

Dorinny said...

LOL jessy, you and Guy are on crack. Seriously.. LOL

MJJ Insider said...

NO SHE REALLY REALLY DOES!!!!!111

Dorinny said...

Jess, you say it as if you've seen her and I haven't.. now unless she wears a mask every time she comes on TV.. she looks nothing like me. LOL although, I'm flattered.. she's awefully cute. how is guy anyway? :)