Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sometimes I get bitter..

Should have trusted my own feelings but I silenced intuition
When you sacrificed your honesty
I believed that you would be there
To protect me and help me with all I'm going through
There's a joy to being free that you could have taken from me
But I found the strength to walk away
If you turn the pages and you look inside
There is nothing of me I feel that I have to hide
If you turn the tables and look at yourself
Is there something you fear that you would have to confess?
Many things will come to pass and I can live with that
I can't help but wonder when you'll get yours
I'm so happy I have moved on
I heard you are regretful but you sacrificed your dignity
With the power you have abused, you disgust me
And trust me, I'm not the only one
Haven't I already proved that I'm better off without you?
I'm so glad I walked away
For all the lies and your manipulation
For all the times I never felt good enough
You pushed me 'round and put me down
To satisfy your childish ego
For all the times that you made me feel worthless
The power struggles, now I couldn't care less
It's after you there's nothing you can do
What goes round comes round
Many things will come to pass and I can live with that
But... I can't help but to wonder when you'll get yours

No comments: