Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fill us with the light of day.

God is really working a wonder in my life right now.

I can't really explain it, but I asked for help almost two weeks ago now. I asked for freedom within my heart, an alleviation of everything that I felt to be encumbering me and stressing me to unnecessary lengths. It was a short and silent prayer that I said while in the shower -- sometimes really the only 'alone' time I get where I can concentrate and think entirely about God.

Well, I feel like something has changed. It's not like one of those things where you're gonna feel good for a few days and then all of a sudden something will happen and you're back down in the dumps -- I feel like I've just been graced with a new attitude. One that's less filled with less laziness and more of a willingness to make the effort to change really terrible habits that were ruling my life. I need to convince myself to stop thinking about things and just do them, because that's the only way they're going to get done. Telling myself over and over that I have to do something sure isn't doing anything.

Sometimes it's hard to get myself started, but once I do, I'm fine.

I've been really busy with things lately and I like it. I haven't been online (surfing the net) as much as usual (which is good cos I've just stopped to breathe and there's absolutely nothing to take a look at). I'm still making some money, and I have another job that I'll get started on in the morning.

I'm going to Caro's house tomorrow at some point and on Sunday we're going to the Open day at AC University so I can look in to courses and figure out what I have to do to apply for next year. Yeehee. I'm so excited about going back to study!

I also would like to thank God for sending me a friend that always understands, no matter what. And for giving me the graces to be the friend that she choses to place her trust in to with confidence that I will never judge her. What an honour. :)

xoxox
God Bless, folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MUAH!
XX

You have to ring and tell me all about open day okay?

We're TSB...than before...:)

S

Unknown said...

I love study too, all sounds good Jess, God bless you!

antonia said...

oh wow!! That is fantastic news! Yey! How wonderful! Please do let us how it went and what courses sounded interesting!

lotsa love!
-x-x-x-x-