Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Walk To Remember...

I was thinking about this time last year. I was in Sydney with a male friend who, for so long, I thought that I was desperately in love with. Then I got over it sometime in 2004. I liked him a lot, my parents liked him a lot. He was funny, intelligent, warm and we get along so ridiculously well. I liked him because he found me to be one of the funniest people he'd ever met, and it's hard to find someone that may not "get" me entirely, but appreciates my wit, non-the-less (without thinking I'm strange lol) ...

We were in the city, and we were on our way to somewhere. It was a beautiful day, in fact boiling hot. I drove to his house, picked him up and we drove in my foul hot car all the way to Sydney. We decided not to go to the place we were headed straight away, but instead went for a walk in the sun. We walked side by side and for the first time in a long time, those feelings that I originally had for him started to come back. I wanted to grab for his hand, but of course didn't. We went and bought ice cream and sat on a bench and ate, talking, laughing, making fun... We then spent the afternoon at a party, and then together we went to eat our favourite kind of food afterward.

I dropped him home later that night and admitted to myself that I still had residue feelings for him.

I talked to him for about 4 hours the other night... and realised that almost another year on and I still have some residue feelings for him.

But maybe I like the idea more of finding someone who is good looking, smart and funny who likes me just fine in return. Someone that I'm not intimidated or scared of being myself around -- I'm rarely myself with the opposite sex, so perhaps I just find it refreshing to be once again in the presence of a guy who really appreciates me.

Or ... I'm lonely and want a boyfriend.


Speaking of Michael Jackson ... Oh wait, we weren't. Anyway.

Happy 48th birthday Michael Jackson. Thank you for the beautiful memories, the love, the music, the kindness, the friendships, the happiest day experiences of my life and for the life that you have always shared with us, your fans. I love you!

Thank God for clear skin. Can I just say that?! Thank God for foundation that makes me look like I have flawless skin.






Now if only my face looked this good in person. Grr.

8 comments:

Dorinny said...

Love the hair, love the makeup, you look gorgeous. Love you cuteness :) and by the way, whose this guy you're in love with? I can't figure it out.. :P

MJJ Insider said...

Are you serious?? LOL. I want to be really careful with what I say... but let's say that you know him.

hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Those are two of your most beautiful pictures so far -- you must tell me about this makeup, because don't I need some! ;)

Boyfriends.. Mehhh. Mine is MIA at the moment and I miss him. =) Yes I do realise I will see him on Saturday night but that is not the point.

Birthday wishes to your hubby. xo

Aly

Dorinny said...

aaah ok :) yes, I know now, ;)

(wait.. actually.. maybe i dont...?)..

no.. no, im sure i know who it is..

or do i?

antonia said...

wow! Your hair looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I bet your face looks exactly like that in person. You have beautiful big eyes and remind me of tinkerbell from peter pan.

Anonymous said...

lol jess! I was reading confused...and then i read a clue that helped me heaps!
Werent u once unsure if this guy was straight? LOL

Hot mariah pics!

MJJ Insider said...

Nah that was the other one... But I know you know who it is haha we've just talked about him. xo

Thanks for the kind compliments about the pics people :) xoxo