Saturday, July 29, 2006

Yeah okay, I'm superficial.

I wanted to make a short post tonight about a good day that I had.

I know this is going to sound really superficial but, I don't mind -- lol. Last Sunday night I went out to It Takes Two again, the TV show. As usual it was pretty fun (it was my second time going) and (theres a big story to go along with it, but later). Afterwards I hung out with some friends and one sent me some photos on monday of our night and ... I actually wanted to cry.

I knew leading up to the weekend that my skin was really bad (my skin is notoriously bad) but I had zits, my whole left cheek was inflammed, red and discoloured and I thought I hid it well with some flimsy concealer I've been using for a little while. Well according to these photos, I was very wrong.

For those of you who are unaware... I'm a bit of a make up whore.... I love make up. But I find foundation, concealer, finishing powder, primer, etc all to be a pain in the butt... However, I really needed to sort that out.

So today I went to the Napoleon Perdis store -- my favourite brand at the moment. I needed a new foundation. The expensive one I have makes me look orange, the MAC one flakes my skin - the studio finish makes me look like my face spent time in a solarium -- blech.

I hate when I get patronised by salesclerks -- and usually all high-end up make-up counter working women patronise me or think that because I go in without make up (so I can test theirs!) means I have never picked up a make up brush in my life. Normally these salesclerks look down their nose at my pizza skin, or they patronise me by telling me, "it's just a few pimples." Right. I had one sales clerk go to apply foundation to my face with her fingers and then pause upon realising she had to touch my skin, then go get a brush (I don't blame her, but no need to be so obvious right after telling me my acne was nothing). And usually I walk out with a product that makes my skin look orange, wondering why on earth I took advice from someone who clearly had her make up gun set to "clown" that morning.

Oh yeah, I went to Napoleon. I must say, it was a breath of fresh air. A nice young and sweet sales clerk came to help out. She must have spent 40 minutes with me. She did my whole face in a foundation that she suggested (using her hands!) she didn't patronise me by telling me that my skin wasn't bad. In fact, she seemed to empathise with me. She chose the best foundation. It's brilliant. I didn't want something that was so heavy that people could see I was trying to cover up pizza on my face. I just wanted something to get rid of the discolouration and make my skin look even.

I found perfection in a foundation stick, "look2" from my good friends at Napoleon. She also gave me a sample of the auto pilot primer and I got a light bronzer. And I know it's so materialistic but I felt so brilliant that I won't have to walk around with this hideous looking skin.

On top of that I've began using my proactiv absolutely obsessively again and the antibiotics. God, please give me smooth skin sometime soon.

P.S I've also began exercising again to get rid of my fat grandmother tankles (tank ankles) -- I need to be less lazy and more active. OH AND I FINALLY GOT MY RENT DVD THAT I BOUGHT FROM EBAY ALMOST A MONTH AGO!!!!!!!!!111

WE'RE NOT GONNA PA-AY, WE'RE NOT GONNA PAAAAA-AAAAAAAY LAST YEARS RENT! THIS YEARS RENT! NEXT YEARS RENT! RENT! RENT! RENT!!!!!!!!1 .... I'm still going to marry Jesse L. Williams & Taye Diggs in the same ceremony before we ensue a lifetime of song -- it's just a matter of when. Taye & Jesse should never stop singing. Ever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like napoleon cosmetics too! I like their face glow thing. You can't marry this new dude bc I thought you were married to MJ. lol.
Anyway, I tried to watch out for you in the audience of it takes two on tv but the camera didn't sit there for long enough. I'm glad you had a great time, will you go again soon?

MJJ Insider said...

Oh right... I forgot I was married to Michael. hahahaha Silly me. What on earth am I thinking?!

I probably wont go to the show again, cause this week is the second last one. It looks like my lovely Guy is in the final 3! It was very nerve racking last week, I didnt want him to get voted off! I met Troy Cassar Daly, Sarah Ryan, Mark Furhze, Erika Haynatz and some others after the show =) They were all really really sweet and nice ... Troy, especially so! The only one who was a bit odd is the guy who is partners with Erika, but he was kind enough to take a photo with Michael Jackson. LOL.

Napoleon is the best. I'm looking at buying more of their products on ebay. =)

Anonymous said...

its martin not williams you fool, and he's mmmiiiiiiinnnnneeeeeee. I'll pay his rent for him... ... wait... i can do better. I'd like to Tom his Collins. Ahhh the sweet smell of comic victory.

MJJ Insider said...

Youd like to Tom his Collins????????

And Williams, you KNOW i meant williams. Shaddup! I have much more celeb pull than you. My friends Macaulay Culkin, Jade M, Michael Jackson-- theyll all make it happen for me. ALL OF THEM! *shakes fist*

and youll be so mad..... and thats a risk Im willing to take... hahaha

btw. Sorry I keep missing all of your msgs. And um, why on earth did you sign in as Ushaz? trying to bring back old memories???