Friday, October 06, 2006

A sigh of relief.

My sister in law called me again today. We had a good talk, a less stressed one without tears and worry. At least no matter what I know I'll always keep her as someone that I've grown to know and love as part of my family.

The mechanic called yesterday afternoon about my car. He quoted me from $1300 - $1400... so when he called I was kind of freaking out a bit since I only had $1150 in my account ... but after he went through what he'd fixed he said, "I've knocked some of the price down for you..." and I thanked him and said, "So what's the damage?" and he said, "$1081. But if you leave the car with me overnight I'll do another check for any oil leaks..." And he also got it checked and passed for registration and it passed for a complete roadworthy check.

$250 less than I expected!!! ... So then, I call the road services here to find out what car registration will cost me, and I found out I can pay bi yearly at $120! SCORE!!! I thought it was gonna cost heaps more. THEN I called around to a couple of insurance places so I could get some comprehensive insurance and one company was $43 per month or just over $400 for the year.

I know it seems like a lot of money with all those small numbers being thrown around, but I know it'll be okay cos my savings at the moment will cover most of it. My dad is going to be giving me money for my birthday and it will help me just a bit, plus if I ever get paid for this web design job and another that I'm working on right now I will be right... Also with my car the chances of finding a better job are maximised which really excites me :)

So even though my family is being shoved around and tried a bit at the moment, everything else for me seems to be going well if I just try to have faith that the rest will work out in time.

It will be SO GOOD to have my car back!!!!!!! I can go out and hang out with my friends and not have to feel so restrained. Argh!

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about your SIL AND the good news with your car. What a good mechanic; usually they end up adding things to the price, rather than deducting. Lucky!

Cars are expensive buggers. But I'm glad you're getting yours back. ;)

antonia said...

good news all round!

God Bless
-x-

Dorinny said...

That's very exciting jessy! Sorry to hear about your family problems, I hope it'll all work out, but thankfully, things are picking up for you, soon you'll have an awesome job and then the sky's the limit! <3