Friday, October 06, 2006

Oh the tangled web...

I hate the new blogger beta and I can't revert back which really pisses me off.

And secondly, remember where I talked about finding out some stuff while I was visiting my family in July? Things that I didn't necessarily want to know, but was told? Well, it's all come crashing down in the most incomprehensible way. Someone within my family has a really hideous addiction that's ruining his entire life. His relationships, his finances, his health, his ability to function as a civilised human...

I finally decided tonight after finding out further that it's spiraled out of absolute control, that it was time to tell my Dad.

There's a good chance tomorrow I'm going to regret posting this, but I'm so stressed out and devastated right now that I need to just get it off my chest. I need prayers and I need them big time. This is something that's going to take a really long time to get through. It just seems like constantly building bridges... struggle after struggle with this person.

I feel angry and upset, empathetic, furious, sad ... I don't know... It's something that I just need to give to God in the most whole-hearted way and let him help us.

On another note, Dads gf is going for radiation therapy in Nov. They told her it's just precautionary and that everything is ok for now. Let's hope to God that it stays that way. She seemed like she was in okay spirits (ill bet all that changed after the conversation I had with my Dad.) So now that I've upset each member of my family that matters, I'm going to go to bed and talk to someone who always listens to me... even when I don't know it.

As a famous man once said, money is the root of all evil. Grrr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

I'm sorry things are so stressful. There's a light on the other side - things will work out okay, chook.

-Aly

antonia said...

Sometimes the most difficult decisions to make, the ones which puts our own neck on the line, are the most necessary.

It would be so easy for you to say nothing and let this other person completely destroy their life....but so much braver, and more commendable, that you said something, risking your own peace, in order to help them.

Pray pray pray, and the Holy Spirit will help out and make things go better than you could've expected.

God Bless
-x-x-x-