Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cat cruelty.

Okay, so even though I have my very own kitty.... I'm not at all a cat person. I don't like them generally, I think they're mostly ugly unless they're small kittens or they have a lot of attitude and pizazz... I happen to think my cat has both attitude and pizazz.

Some idiot, a person who shall remain nameless took it upon themselves today, in a fit of rage to pick up my beautiful little Thomas Anderson by the scruff of the neck and threw him with force. I was rendered speechless and my mouth fell open in shock and I made sure my cat was okay... He seemed to be and I went off to take a moment to recompose myself.

I went out to check on Thomas Anderson a little bit later (about 15 min) and I found him all snuggled in the computer chair. He's not a very affectionate cat and doesn't like to be picked up or held or even patted. He doesn't sit in laps, he's very much his own person. But he sat in my lap for a little while and let me pat him and I knew he was sad :( I took him in to my bedroom which he usually hates but he laid right down on my carpet and went to sleep. I noticed that his eye was a bit funny. It was wonky... like, half-closed... and when he opened it for me to see (without struggle btw, which is rare) it was weepy.

I was so fuming mad that as soon as my Mum got home from work, I relayed the story. She, also fuming mad when to the cat-basher and told it off. Cat basher justified itself by saying, "I only lifted him off..." BULL SHIT! BULL SHIT! BULL SHIT!

Now, cat-basher, never in a million years would treat any of the dogs in this same way -- in fact most people who hate cats would never treat any other animal the same way they treat cats. Why do people think its okay to be cruel to them?? I've seen so many people engage in all kinds of cat cruelty. It makes me so freaking angry. Now, at the end of the day, I know cat-basher didn't mean to hurt him, and it came from a impulse and cat-basher was probably supremely upset that Thomas is hurt, but you know what dude??? Next time, stay the freakin hell away from my cat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not right. Not right at all, and I am pissed off to here about someone treating animals that way.

ROAR.

I hope the person gets karma.

Anonymous said...

(And that kitty is okay too. Poor kitty.)

antonia said...

eeeek! That was a bit of unnecessary violence towards your cat! If they were angry, why did they have to take it out on the poor cat?! Hope your kitty is okay!
(awesome name by the way!)

-x-

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. My kitty cat is okay =) He's back to his usual self.

Unknown said...

animal cruelty is just unexcusable that was a pathetic thing to do. BTW my cat is far from ugly, she is a princess.
:b

Dorinny said...

Thats a horrible story jessy :( im sorry about your cat. someone did something similar to that recently - to my dad. i just found out about it tonight. my dad's in hospital and he's going to the police later tonight. i just can't believe that shit. i cant sleep now :( anyway, what is it with people and their cruel impulsive nature? if you cant freakin control yourself around other living creatures, you should be locked in a white room with padded walls.. seriously. its scary.