Friday, October 13, 2006

I couldn't stay....

My blog is pretty dead. I hate it now that I screwed it up by going to stupid beta blogger. Ruined my entire blogger experience. I'm going to write to blogger and tell them that letting google/yahoo buy them out was the most idiotic thing they've ever done.

Well... I'll threaten to, but we all know I'd be too lazy to get around to it.

I've had a lot of problems sleeping again -- well, not entirely true. I've had no problem sleeping, just getting to bed. I've been thinking about a lot of things and I have heaps of worries at the moment and they might just be mundane things... and then when I think of things that are happening on a larger scale, I realise how insignificant my own problems are.

North Korea? ... scary. Whenever stuff was going on in the middle East, I would say things like "Wow, that's terrible" and secretly I'd be glad that I was so far away ... but Australia is pretty close to all of this mess. Bush is nuts, The president of North Korea is nuts, our prime minister is Bush's personal ass kisser ... I'm pretty worried about all of that... I guess all we can do is pray that the situation doesn't get out of hand -- only I keep thinking back to Revelations in the New Testament and I keep reminding myself that these are the times that we have to be strong in Faith and never succumb to temptations and sin because it all counts.

And gosh, I've been a pretty lazy Christian lately. I hate even admitting it, but it's true... I go through this all the time. Just a regular test of faith... I need to be hearing sound words of God more often. I haven't been to Mass in a little bit due to car reasons, but now that I have my car back I'm starting to attend scripture meetings on wednesday afternoons and church on wednesday night and can go to Mass whenever I want without having to plan who will have the car and so on. I think once I'm back in the swing of things, I'll feel better, and am hearing God's word, I won't be as lazy and my motives will be inspired more.

I had a pretty big argument with a bible Christian on a Michael Jackson forum the other day cos she had her history wrong. She said that Martin Luther formed his own religion before Catholicism lol. It was absolutely absurd... We had a heated discussion back and forth and it's funny cos I felt really empowered with knowledge that I'd learned from my Catholic friends through this blog and through other Catholic friends in real/l. In the end, when she felt like she couldn't argue anymore she kept telling me to refer to my bible. I found her heaps of references to purgatory and also gave her examples as to why Catholics believe Catholicism was the first and only religion that Christ began -- and she tried to tell me that I was getting my info from a Catholic bible which apparently she KNEW FOR A FACT (lol) had been changed ... however, I knew she was going to say that -- so I used my references from the bible that I bought from a pentecostal church........and that was the end of that haha. I don't like it when people try to tell you youre wrong but they can't tell you why. Don't start something if you can't support it!

Anyway ... I'm really excited about this weekend cos I'm going to see Sharidan, Caro and my friend Leigh and her husband for my birthday. We're going to this Thai restaurant that looks so yummy and then for "drinks" (however, given my track record, I'll be staying right away from anything alcoholic)

I'm sorry if I haven't commented much on peoples blogs -- I have been reading, but this stupid new blogger beta requires me to keep leaving your blogs to login, comment, and then post ... and if I go to another blog... the same thing.

Grr... I dont know what to do. DOWN WITH BLOGGER BETA!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

antonia said...

hehe! awww! Sounds like Blogger Beta is a bit of a pain!

WOW! I think it's so so brilliant that you had that disciussion with that girl!! haha!
Luther started the Lutherans before the Catholics existed?!!! Uhhhh....HOW do people get away with beleiveing such nonesense when HISTORY itself just shows how wrong they are (1500 years wrong actually!).


Glad to hear you are so much more free to get around now that you have your car back!

lotsa love,

God Bless!
-x-

Anonymous said...

^^ Thanks for that, Louise, I wasnt aware... *adds that to artiliry!*

:P