Monday, July 03, 2006

A night of sheer brilliance

Are you down with G-O-D?! Yeah! You know me!!! haha.

Last night was utter brilliance. I suffer some ailments thereafter -- such as waking up without a voice and taking about 3 backsteps into sickness again (great job, lungie.) And yes, I found the spice of life.

C*DB are brilliant. CYM did a fantastic job of putting together such a fun, alcohol, smoke free event that all people could enjoy... I took along Sharidan and we were meeting my friends Jade & Mel there. We got some seats in the front and didn't even have to go early or anything. We had a great spot. We joked about Guy S*ebastian turning up (one of the C*DB guys is one of Guy's best mates & is in Guy's band).

I'm too tired to write up a whole big thing... but it was all for a Catholic organisation and so all the money was going toward that. The music acts were amazing. Israel did a quick set cause he was sick. Jade was amazing (the singer, not my friend) as always -- she was pretty darn spectacular ... Guy S*ebastian turned up as we'd joked LOL and he actually performed which was such a brilliant surprise. I have a feeling that he was supposed to come the whole time and it was hush hush... And can I just say? I am so proud of C*DB. If you're Aussie, you'll remember them. They're such strong-faithed, talented, exceptional musicians. It's been I think, 7 or 8 yrs since they were together last and they did this set ... with the same choreography, the same moves, the same energy and the same emotion ... They were so good. I see one of the guys a lot because along with the fact that he's with Guy often on tours and stuff, he's also someone that I've had the pleasure of getting to know through my faith. I remember him from his energetic C*DB days, but I'm really not used to seeing that type of performance from him at 30 something yrs old. I was so stunned. It was great. (I'm still stunned LOL) They sang some of my favourites (yes, including Let's Groove & Good times) but my fave was an acapella of a gospel song "Something Within Me" ...

Anyway, I'll cut to the chase with some photos before I go off to bed cause I'm gonna go do some work at St. Vinnies early in the morning...


Ready to go!


Sharidan and I, just before the doors opened.


Guy draws the raffle!


CD*B! YAY -- Gary, Brad, Jude (dunno where Danny is hiding)


Brad jammin' hard core! He's such a squishy one.


Danny hiding again behind Jude, Gary & Brad, cutting it up!!!


Homie G singing one of the classics. He's so talented, this guy. He writes brilliant songs, he has a killer falsetto, he's one of the most faithful Christian's I've ever met and I really, really look up to him. He's such a good person.


Here's my home-skillet G and I one of the first times I ever met him. Now we're like old homies from across thew way. (I'm unrelated I know, but when I was uploading the other pics, I found this one in my photobucket.) He's a great help when it comes to understanding some hideously confusing questions and dilema's concerning faith & is just really quite kind and warm-hearted.


This is after the show with my friends, Mel and Jade. :D


And me, before I went to bed with my new set of bi-focals. How gangsta am I?! For realz, homes!

Israel had us throw our peace signs up last night, and let me tell you -- I felt richer with gangsta for it. Nothing like watching 100 or so people throw their arms up out of sync, throwing them back and forth, most out of rhythm -- its a wonder no one got killed LOL.

Anyway, had a great night. The atmosphere was great, the Praise was great, all artists were brilliant, including the cameo of Guy and I had heaps of fun :) If you're wondering why I starred out some names, it's because of the google blog search -- I don't people to find my journal. Sometimes I like to be a bit private here.

Anyhoozle. That's all for now. I need to get some rest and work for a couple hours in the morning. I hope I have a voice.

I'M DOWN WITH G-O-D!!!!!!!!!!1111

4 comments:

antonia said...

it's sound like a lot of fun!! thanks for sharing the pics!
-x-

Anonymous said...

How great you had a good time!

:D

Anonymous said...

oooo i like your minnie top! You look great ! :)

MJJ Insider said...

It WAS loads of fun :) thanks guys .. i had an awesome time.