Sunday, February 26, 2006

Broad tastes

I hate that "yo mo fo" (your 'Eminem' and your '50cent' crap) kinda music, and I feel offended when I turn on the TV and they are rapping about pimpin' bitches and how the world is gonna be damn sorry when they commit suicide -- or alternatively, get shot. At one time I was under this massive misapprehension that 2pac and I were homies, but that lasted about fifteen minutes, thankfully -- but dammit, at least some of his raps had a bit of depth to them.

And, may I ask? Does anyone sing about anything these days besides having sex? Here I am contented at my desk, blarring good ol'e Jackie Wilson who songs are about as risque as a tree stump. He sings about being in love, and dancing, and songs with just down right made-up words in it. And it's fun, and his voice is absolutely raw and beautiful and isn't hindered or drowned-out by synthesisers and other crap. It might be good to agree that Mr. Wilson is my musical obsession for the week. Last week it was Stevie Wonder. Who will be next week?

I couldn't get to church today, which I'm a little bit disappointed about. My Mum went away thus, taking the car. I discovered the other day that I could still take my car on short drives, but then realized that my drivers licence has expired and costs over $100 to renew. Ass. I wasn't especially worried about it, since church is not that far, but knowing my luck, I'd get busted. And isn't it ironic that I'd be breaking the law to get to church? haha. Also, if I had any kind of car accident with an expired licence, I'd end up in a court room. No thanks. It's okay, there's Mass on Ash wednesday that I'm going to with my RCIA group. :)

Okay so it's 11am, and I'm sitting here and it's freezing and I should be doing some housework. Whenever my Mum goes away, I suddenly let my generally obsessive-compulsive cleaning habits slip by. I turn in to a slob. Maybe cause it's not often I get to relax this much. I've had music blarring since my Mum left. It's also not often I get to play music this loud. However, now that my neighbours have been made aware that I like 50s music French Music, Michael Jackson and a lot of loud and obscure soft-rock, I'm sure they want me to die by the gun. Oh well, payback for slamming doors and talking extremely loud outside of my window every night after midnight. Gotta love neighbours.

I made fantastic tuna bake for dinner last night using tuna, pasta shells, mushrooms, tomatos, garlic grinds, paprika, onion, pasta sauce, cheese, sweet chilli, mixed herbs and a little bit of pepper. I don't do recipies, I do it from scratch and do it my own way and always hope for the best. So far, I've impressed myself time and time again. And there's a lot of left overs (since I cook for a tribe) so guess what my breakfast is? I'm so homely and gross lol.

You better stop. Doggin' me around...

God Bless, guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOnt get me started jess on music of today- C.R.A.P...what does that spell?

I went to church today and was so glad i did. Ive really enjoyed it because for the first time they had a choir in there...and man did they make a difference! :)

MJJ Insider said...

Cool Val!!! :) Im happy for you :D

Unknown said...

LOL about your neigbours. I'm looking forward to Ash Weds mass, last year it was nothing short of wonderful.
=)