Monday, January 16, 2006

So very tired.

Hello there internet world.

Things are looking up. There's always something brighter upon the horizen. I spent most of my day reading the bible, talking to a lovely man who added me from my journal to his Y! account in order to help me searching for answers to some complicated questions and I learned so much! (Thank you Jovan!) I also embarked on a new little project that is going to do wonders for my journalism practise. Maybe in awhile I'll add the link, but for now I'll just giggle to myself over it.

I had an awesome conversation with someone of whom I had a misunderstanding with at some point last week and we cleared the air and I feel like a massive weight has been lifted. It was all really quite silly and related a lot to this journal, but to go in to it would be futile.

I may have found someone to fix my car at a hugely cheap price -- or if not fix it, he might buy it from me and I could put the money toward a new one. It's funny how when we pray and ask for help we normally get it... and sometimes we don't even realise that we've received. It wasn't til lovely Valan pointed out that suddenly everything is going well again. I was like "Oh yeah! There's something to that."

Praise God.

Today's bible readings and little bit of studying left me feeling a bit smug with knowledge. I get a bit like that. I love learning about stuff. I go through rotating phases. Last time it was medical stuff. I could tell you how the human body works three times over. I know how to pronounce medical diseases and conditions that look like german to read. I could tell you the symptoms, the diagnosis and the treatments. I am an expert at knowing the respiritory system (Goodness knows, I want to make sure if mine was going to start failing, I'd know what to do.) -- and before that I had to learn and know everything I could about World War 2, The Holocaust and the Civil Rights Movement. Who said you learn more in school?

I'm a highschool drop out from 14 1/2 yrs old (Admittedly I did finish hs certification much later, but not the point) and I still managed to learn all the same things my peers did (except maths, I'm a lost monkey there.). Hooray for me. I have a desire to learn about subjects that interest me so strongly that I keep reading and learning til there's nothing else to learn. I'm definitely an all -or-nothing kind of girl.

In other news, I am particularly annoyed with myself because yesterday I asked my Mum if she would drop me off at church which is just up the road. I haven't been to that parish before, but it's so close and obviously she's not going to drive me an hour and then some to my regular parish. She said yes and was fine with it. Mass began at 10:30am. It takes no more than 5 min by car. So, I decided I'd wake up at 10am and leave at 20 past. Well -- my Mum woke me up at 9am to say, "You going to church?" I called out that I would just sleep a bit longer. At ten to ten my best friend called to tell me she was going out with her boyfriend, so I couldn't go ther place. I hung up and saw that I still had a bit of time to get a last nap in.

I slept and slept....and woke up at 25 past 10am. I must have hit my alarm to shut it off without even waking up properly and there is nothing more annoying than having people show up to Mass late, walking in when the Priest is approaching the alter. I hate being late, and I think it shows disrespect (as does not attending at all.) and so I just resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be attending Mass.

I need to find out if they have other Mass throughout the week. Oh how I wish I had a car!! But do you know what? I think I know why I don't have a car anymore, why the situation occured. I knew there was a purpose -- and I think that it's clear. It's a personal thing though -- but I'm glad that I worked it out. It's all to do with focusing all my faith in God and not on other people around me.

Again, Praise God. I'll be attending the parish close to home for a little while :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great about Jovan too. There are so many good people out there. :)

Anonymous said...

*bounces with excitement*
I'm so happy to see that things are looking up, and that God is showing you the purpose for his challenges. Always more challenges to come, but more lessons too. :)
Had a wonderful time talking to you the other night Jessie! (can I call ya that? *blushes*)
I remember talking to you bout WW11 a while back... you'd read all those books. And wow, medicine. =D Damn gurl. That's great though... School shouldn't be the end all. If people stop learning once they leave school... it just... all kinda dissipates. My parents have forgotten half of what they've learnt, but I guess it's all in there somewhere, and they've gone on to other things (my dad = the art of jewellery =D) hehe...
Take care matio!
Jodes

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
FUnny thing is the EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday with church. Well not exact. I woke mum up- she didnt want to go- i convinced her. By the time we got ready- we realised we would be late and resigned not to go "NExt week". It seems we go on the same sundays!!

Hey- i also asked my mum about the Catholic/orthodox thing and she was like NO WAY!! lol..

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm. said...

Thanks, Jess. I'm here when you need me. I'll keep looking for sources, too!