Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just some passages.

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you his grace and peace.
- 1 Corinthians 1:3


But despite all the miraculous signs he had done, most of the people did not believe in him. This is exactly what Isaiah the prophet had predicted:
"Lord, who has believed our message?
To whom will the Lord reveal his saving power?"
But the people couldn't believe, for Isaiah also said:
"The Lord has blinded their eyes
and hardened their hearts--
so their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and let me heal them."
Isaiah was referring to Jesus when he made this prediction, because he was given a vision of the Messiah's glory. Many people, including some of the Jewish leaders, believed in him. But they wouldn't admit it to anyone because of their fear that the Pharisees would expel them from the synagogue. For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.
-John 12:37-43

The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the Scriptures. So practise and obey whatever they say to you, but don't follow their example. For they don't practise what they teach.
-Matthew 23:2-3

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done.
Sing to him; yes sing his praises.
Tell everyone about his miracles.
Exult his holy name;
O worshippers of the Lord, rejoice!
Search for the Lord and for his strength,
and keep on searching.
Think of the wonderful works he has done,
the miracles and the judgements he handed down.
- Pslam 105:1-5
Lord Jesus,
I ask you to grant me the power to remain silent, to deal with things less vocally and to have the Grace to turn my cheek whenever I feel as though others are being less than fair. I ask you Lord, to also give me the patience and calmness that I need to progress further along on the path of where I want to be with your direct and Holy guidance. I ask you Father to steer me away from sin and temptation and to be able to recognise when I have done wrong.
Amen.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, those are great passages. Hope all is well with you dear!