Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Neither here nor there...

That's the way it feels at the moment. I haven't really felt up to much. My stupid idiotic sunburned body has been aching and I've basically been doing nothing but writing for the past 24 hrs and watching television.

Ho-hum. I need a really stable job and a place to live. :( I keep thinking of all these things that I want to get done, but they all revolve around me moving out.

I've been praying for God to assist me, finding a job in a small yokel town is so difficult. There's nothing, believe it or not. Especially when you have such heavy physical limitations. It's a catch 22. Can't find a place to live without a job, can't get a job without a place to live. Sometimes I feel it would be so much easier if I just hoisted all of my junk back to Sydney and moved in with Penny. At least we could be insane, lonely and lazy together.

And I am really disappointed that I don't have my Divine Mercy book with me. There are so many things in that book that truly touch me. It's made me feel closer to God. I know He's always with me, but he feels especially near to me since reading that book and I love Him so much more.

There's a friend of mine that I haven't spoken to for over a month that I really have been contemplating calling. He's a busy guy, though... I don't want to bother him, but I miss him and he always has something really deep to say that manages to restore my happiness. It's amazing to have such a positive and motivational source in my life, I just wish sometimes it was more frequent. But that's just me being purely selfish.

I guess on Sunday after church I'll go back to Sharidan's and pick up my book.

Keep me in your prayers, party people? I appreciate it so much. I'm off to go and have a little snack. Surprisingly my diet is going well (no, that's not sarcasm.)

Thanks and God Bless.
Jess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
You moved down there for a reason and you initially were so excited about the prospects.
Dissapointments came along in that plan but you hurdled them and continued but on a slightly altered plan (maybe even the right one?)
All im saying is- dont give up.
Being alone in a small yokel town might just be the challenge you need (with no distractions might i add- so you can focus). Finding a place, job and those first stones in your chosen path will be 100 times more tricky, BUT 100 times more rewarding when you conquered them little, by little.
Go head strong and something will come up.
Praying is good- your asking for God's help in your life. But he must be in you to give you strength to go and fight for those stones because nothing will ever fall in your lap.
XXX
P.s Dont be afriad to ask for help from others also. Reaching out to others is indeed something God always wants us to do.

Anonymous said...

Hii Jess, it's Jodi here. :)
I think that what Sparks has said is very wise. :) I know, because you have shared this yourself, that you have had the strength to conquer many challenges along your life path... that you have conquering many obstacles in the past. And I believe that this strength doesn't leave you... only grows. I believe that God wants us to appreciate what we have, and feel the benifits of what we have. Maybe the challenges of finding a job and moving out will let you appreciate this so much more when it does come. The time that you've spent at home may seem wasted, but there is always something to gain... and you have been studying your religion, and learning about God and His presence in your life... exploring this, and embracing this. Maybe this time has been needed. :) I am not sure... but maybe you know in your heart. I will keep you in my heart... and hope the best for you, and for a bright future. :)
Love you,
Jodi

Unknown said...

Hey Jess,
SOrry to hear about your hard times. I will keep you in my prayers. Im jealous you went to melbourne though I love it.
Btw I should have mentioned on my blog that the lessons & carols live paltalk will be on our Jan 6th at 1pm. Australian time, you live in victoria like me so it's the same time.
If you can make it, see ya there!