Monday, March 06, 2006

Rite Of Election 2006

Yep. I went to the Rite Of Election thing yesterday at this beautiful Cathedral. It was an exciting but long day. Long because we had to travel over an hour to get there, and it was really hot. The actual service was really beautiful. I met the Bishop and that was cool too! And on saturday night I went to the Rite Of Sending at my own parish. It was a bit nerve-racking cause I had to stand on the alter before the whole congregation and I hate any kind of attention. I was holding on to a piece of paper, and saw how badly it was shaking and had to get a hold of it with two, so it wasn't so obvious. lol.

I had a lot of people coming up and congratulating me and they were mere strangers. It means a lot to me that people that I don't even know care so much about me being accepted in to the Catholic church. It makes me feel really happy.

The person who offered to be my sponser is a really nice guy too. Strangely enough he reminds me of one of my primary school teachers haha. The organiser of my RCIA meetings is a really nice old lady. We spent almost two hours on the phone chatting the other night, which was great because before hand I had this really strong feeling that she didn't like me -- but I heard through another member of my RCIA meetings that she mentioned that she really likes me and feels very comfortable with me and that we have a lot in common.

Aww bless. I love old people :D

Anyway, nothing really too imporant to report, nothing that interesting to talk about. Need to quit being lazy this week and do some important stuff. The past few days I've been feeling a bit out of sorts, health wise. I've been really quite dizzy and lethargic and really unnaturally exhausted. Yucky. Speaking of yucky, for those of you that might know who I'm speaking about -- I'm dealing with the return of Percival. Ol'e Percy is flarring with full force and he's really upsetting me and won't leave me alone. I don't want to have to murder him again!!

Shower and bed now. Ciao.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh wow Jess, it sounds great, i'm glad you liked the service, even if it takes a while to get there! Everyone sounds welcoming and that's great.
I don't know Percival but hey hope he is treating you ok so you don't have to kill him.
Bless ya! x