Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Doesnt matter what you did....

I was doing some reading (praise God for my internet cable now avaliable in the privacy of my own room.) and I came across this;

"We think ourselves so modern and enlightened when we read of lepers walking through crowds, crying out “Unclean, unclean!” so that others could avoid touching them and thus protect themselves from ritual impurity. We tell ourselves we would do no such thing, but we do the same thing! When a person in our society becomes sad, or depressed, or out of sorts—our modern form of social leprosy—they cry out, “I want to be alone, I want to be alone.” In truth, they want company, but they tell people to go away to avoid rejection and to make it easier to restore relationships when they are feeling chipper again. We laugh when we remember the days when people dressed to the nines for church and stayed home when their attire wasn’t fancy enough, but we stupidly do the same thing with our emotions. We stay away when our emotions aren’t presentable." ... ( Read More )

It really spoke to me and put a few things in to perspective. It's quite a nice little write up. :) Today my friend emailed me and this is a person who's so special in my life. He's someone I initially had a crush on, but realized there's nothing at all romantic about him and he's turned in to a fantastic close friend. He told me about how things were prospering well in his life and asked how I was. I told him that I was so/so, trying to keep above the water... But that I was okay. He emailed back concerned, and I just felt so much strength from it. I'm a little gobsmacked by the response but didn't expect anything less. It made me feel a lot more resilient than I give myself credit for.

Jess, my baby, I'm not going to sit here and say to you "everything is going to be okay", at the end of the day - they are just a few words, and the outcome of life is what we make it..... Jess, im not saying this to you just coz your here, or just coz you need to hear a nice word, but the honest truth, from my heart and soul - I'll tell you what you mean to me, you are one of my truest friends who I know will be there for me in the good times and during the bad, you are without a doubt one of the most amazing people I have ever met - you know why I respected you so much when i met you Jess? Its coz you just believed in yourself, you didn't sit there saying to people "Look at me, Im disabled... pity me"... its easy to pity someone, and its easier to be pitied, but you never wanted that - you always said "I am what I am, and I'm gonna work with it" and you always held your head up high, you inspired me in a way to just accept who I was...

Your like one of those people whos on Ripleys Believe it or Not who everyone feels sorry for, but at the same time looks at with such admiration, just because of how strong you are. I believe your stronger than you yourself know Jess, you've made it this far and your still standing despite all the obstacles, any lesser person would have fallen down a long long time ago..... Thats why I love you Jess, your an amazing inspirational person, and I honestly mean that!!

God worked another miracle in my life today. He made me see with clarity that I'm worth something to the people in my life despite how oblivious I may be to that. Praise Him. And Praise God for giving me such a sweet, beautiful friend. This boy is so lovely. If only there were more boys like him.

I'm going to Mass in 2hrs. And so Lent begins...

God Bless You All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<3 <3 Enjoy mass hun!

Lovely post to read, and thank you for what you posted.

I agree with what your friend said too. :)