Sunday, March 19, 2006

My life as a song.

I went to see Rent (the movie / musical) with Sharidan last weekend (Did I mention that already?) and ever since I've been super duper obsessed with it. I want to marry Taye Diggs (for those of you who don't know who he is, he's been in "Go", "Ally McBeal" and "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" ...) and I want to live my life as a camp musical.

I made an announcement just the other day that I was going to live the rest of my life in song. By this, I meant I was going to sing any word that left my mouth for the rest of my life. Quite a commitment right? Partly, I wanted to see how many people I could successfully weird-out and / or annoy the crap out of -- starting right here at my home.

I had a count down and everything. My life officially began in song at midnight on the 18th of March. I reminded my mother at every opportunity I had that our lives were about to change. She'd laugh, thinking I was joking. Oh, well! Wasn't there a nice surprise for her when she woke me up yesterday morning?

I made the quick discovery after 9:30am that nobody quite appreciates a musical the way that I do. In fact, nobody quiet appreciates my random song voice or my unfaltering falsetto. Well, the dogs showed appreciation and they began singing along with me in their howling voices. We harmonised. It was brilliant. I felt understood.

Sharidan called me at around 8pm last night to see if I was serious. I answered the phone singing to her. I continued our conversation in song until she said, "Oh f*ck.... I can't handle this shit... I'll talk to you online." And then she hung up on me and I died a little inside.

By midnight I realised that nobody appreciated my new lifestyle. So.... I stopped just over twenty four hours later.

It's okay because starting midnight tonight, I will be narrating my own life out loud. That will be my new thing.

Eg. "As I walked down the street with my dogs leash in one hand and the other arm swinging by my side, I couldn't help but feel that something wasn't quite right with this situation. My strides were longer than usual, my feet stepped quicker than every other walk that I took and I realised I was anxious about something..."

... That type of thing.

xx
Jess

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!
See that aint fair! I wanted to here some of your falsetto!
I would love for you to be a musical when you have to meet someone famous (like Guy or something) now THAT would be funny...and i somehow dont see you singing to the people in church either! :P ROTFL!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask you to continue our conversations in the beat of "ice ice baby". maybe next time.

MJJ Insider said...

Oh now theres an idea.

Should I break in to the running man each time I speak too??? hahahaha. Like Will Smith!!!!

antonia said...

hahaa!! :-) !!!!!!!! That made me laugh!!!! I'm impressed you kept it up for a whole 24hours though!!
-x-x-

Unknown said...

I'm rather impressed too that you kept up the singing for that long! Hope youre doing well love ya x

MJJ Insider said...

Awww Antonia, Carmel!!! Im happy to hear from you both :D Thanks for the comments!!

I gave up my life of narration for a life of speaking in the third person.


Hahhahahaa

Jessie misses you both!!!

antonia said...

haha!! :) :) :)

-x-x-