Sunday, March 12, 2006

Flying....

My journal here feels a bit dead, but I suppose that's cause I don't have anything that interesting to report.

I had a fab weekend. I went to Sharidan's and we played PlayStation 2, ATP tennis albeit badly while having a Mariah Carey / Celine Dion scream-a-long at early hours of the morning while cursing each other out for our bad tennis abilities. It was hilarious -- guess you had to be there.

She showered me with gifts from her trip to Thailand, it was so lovely. She got me a stack of games for my playstation including the dance mat hahaha. I can't wait to get a dance game to go with it. It'll be my daily work out since I'm losing weight and I'm very happy about it. We also did some shopping and it was so much fun. We walked for ages and I'm not a good walker, I don't have a lot of endurance, but I'm proud of myself, we probably walked a couple of kms which I never freely do and I bought new shoes. They are beautiful, really. A pair of green heels .. three and a half inches worth! Yay, I'll exceed five feet.

I'm studying the book of James and I love it. There's so much in there to work with. I've been arguing with people for so long about deeds and faith and how deeds don't matter to God, and basically according to James, Faith without deeds is absolutely useless. I find that I digest things so much better when I write notes as I read. So, my little bible is filled with scrawled notes on the pages--- oops. That's okay, it's only tiny and I bring it everywhere with me.

So I have new beautiful make up thanks to Sharidan and a set of beautiful brushes and spent an hour beautifying myself just to go to the store hahaha. We're so consumer driven sometimes that it's not funny. Then on the flipside, we walked down a mainstreet at 8pm in our respective pajama pants without fear and got gawked at by trendy people who were eating in the Thai restaurant that we went to order from, but as I explained it to Sharidan, "We have make up on and our hair is nice and so our pajama pants just make us look cute. If we trundled in there with bed hair and no make up looking ugly, it'd be completely different." ... And that seemed to console us.

Also, a certain Mr. emailed me a lovely email last night asking me out today. Unfortunately I was already home when I received it so I had to decline, but we're definitely going to meet up next weekend or the weekend after. I'm a little bit excited but also a lot scared. It's not like I'm looking for a boyfriend or have any expectations other than to make a new friend, but if said Mr. likes me as it seems he does, I wouldn't be so quick to turn him away as I have been in other times with boys that have shown interest. And I really want to go to a city cathedral for a mass service over the next few weeks and I want to take some photos of churches. I've fallen in love with Cathedrals. I'm not entirely sure, is it wrong to take photos inside churches or outside? I'm not sure ...

It should be interesting how things go anyway. I think things are really truly changing for me at the moment. I have a plan. I know what I want to be doing... I know God loves me and I'm taking great solace in that whenever I am feeling a bit insecure. If I go see Mr. and he finds something wrong with me for any reason, then that's his problem not mine. God made me as He wanted me to be and I'm completely okay with that.

This new state of mind I have is amazing. I'm so happy with life right now and there's just one or two little things that I need to throw myself in to and I'll be fine. :) I'm going to go and take a shower now and wash my hair and cleanse my skin.

God Bless, people. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*drums fingers on desk as *s* waits for picture of brand new 3.5 inch green shoes*

antonia said...

Hey! I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while! I have been stressing this weekend over the wedding and my exams looming ever closer! ( & I don't really have interent access during the week!)

I am happy to hear your Rite of Election thing went well! and I love old people too!!

I am also VERY VERY delighted to hear how happy you are!
God's grace is like sunshine; life-giving!

Do let us know how things go with "Mr." (sounds like a character from a classic romance novel!!)

anyway, although I can't comment much, please rest assured that you are in my daily thoughts & prayers!

lotsa love
-x-x-x-

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

^ uh, Spam?

ew.

antonia said...

Hey Jess! Howz everything going? Hope you are well! am thinking of you!
lotsa love & prayers,
-x-x-x-

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks