Thursday, March 02, 2006

Baby you're my kryptonite

Hello.

I went to the RCIA meeting tonight and a beautiful Ash Wednesday Mass. I talked with the priest. You are looking at someone who will be a confirmed Catholic by Easter. I came home and called my friend, as I was so happy and wanted someone else to do backflips with me. I have very limited people to invite to my confirmation, I won't even bother including my parents. Most of my friends are non believers. That leaves two people. That's fine.

On saturday I go to the Mass to sign in my name. And on Sunday for something else but I don't remember what that was about. My mind was spinning by then. And I hope to God that the day I'll be confirmed will NOT be the day of my brother's wedding, or three days before or after or else... I'll be really sad lol. My two friends are delighted to come along and before I even had the chance to ask one, he jumped in and told me that he wanted to be there. It made me so happy.

And dude, I don't do sappy heart-to-hearts with anyone, but I did with my friend today. And I'm so happy about that. I'm so proud of myself for saying what I needed to say without suffering verbal diahorrea. Now........to work on that confession. Eeep. I talked more to people in my meeting and I like two people in particular! :D

I also spoke to a disability liason officer today in regards to study. Good stuff. Praise God. :)

x
Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God. =)and I'm really happy to hear about your up-comming confirmation.=D That's great! and soon too.

Unknown said...

Jessica, that is fanatastic! I'm so happy that it went so well and that you will have your confirmation! Alot of people I know have not had anyone or just a couple of people at their confirmation so you are in good company lol.
Keep us updated, you are in my prayers.
loves xxxx

antonia said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!


Confirmed by Easter!! Yey! Praise the Lord!!! I wish I could come!

Why don't you want to invite your parents? Maybe your witness will be a motivating factor for them to return to their Catholic roots..?

love ya
-x-

MJJ Insider said...

Antonia, thanks :) I had a talk to my Mum about it last night and she made comments about it which just made me more so convinced that I don't want her there. it's hard to explain but she intimidates my faith. I would have invited my Dad, but he lives interstate and I'd never expect him to come this far for this, especially when he doesn't believe in God like I do. It's all good though :)

Lyl, thank you so much for your prayers. God Bless you :)