Thursday, February 22, 2007

Praise be to The Almighty

Ash Wednesday Mass was beautiful. It was a beautiful and reverent service. There was plenty of time for silent reflection and prayer. I remember a lot of Mass that I went to leading up to my confirmation last year as being just a little daunting with the constant whispers in my ear telling me I was making the wrong decision and Catholicism was just "works" and not enough "faith" (LOL!) ... I followed through with it though despite what everyone else around me tried to suggest because I felt like I was being guided to the Truth.

I don't regret a single moment. In fact, I have become, over the past four or five months, very rich in faith. I am growing strong and more amazed by God every single day. I have been given the most amazing graces over the last year that one could not just put down to coincidence or fate. God is with me every single moment, I feel Him, I hear Him, and I see Him through other people's actions and other people's works... And I pray every day for God to use my voice to speak, to use my mind to help me consider and think purely and graciously, I ask Him to use my body to show me where He wants me to be, to move, to act -- and to hold my hand, to guide me and to never let me leave Him (I know it will never be Him to let go and walk away, but me, letting go of His Holy Hand and stepping off path.)

I spoke the other day of my car dying. I was upset about this, but I kind of expected it for awhile. I did however pray for a resolution to the new problem I'd been presented with (how will I get around, now?) I asked for God to do as He saw fit with my situation, to take the concern and worry from my mind and just keep me motivated and faithful that a better plan is ahead.

No joke, after Mass my Mum picked me up and we went to the mechanic to see what was going on with my car. Basically my car is ready for car heaven. He offered me $1000 for it (for parts) and then said he had been working on a different car (and showed us) and offered to take my car in return for the car he was going to sell, and I would pay him the difference of $1000. The new car is 1000x better than my car. He also offered a 6 month warranty and is going to make it 100% roadworthy. It has a nice, clean interior (man, I really should take photos of what the inside my pigstye of a car looks like! LOL! It's such a trash bag). It has air conditioning (woo!) new tyres, a 6 cd stacker (we know how much I love my music), it has power steering, it goes well on fuel, it has secure locks, an alarm, etc... There is nothing mechanically wrong with it and if we have any problems with it, he promised that he would repair it free of charge.

He is doing this because he just spent awhile repairing my car (after a different mechanic took $1100 from me to repair it, and it broke down just 2 months later) and feels terrible about it and so he's going to do this just to help out as much as he can. The reason I came to know this man was because he knocked on our door with a car problem and needed to use something from my car in order to get his going -- and I decided to help him just on face value. I decided that if the situation was reversed, I'd want someone to help me ...

So... here we are. I should have the car in about 4 days. Also I have a whole heap of data entry work coming up which should pay for a chunk of it. The rest is being advanced to me from my Mum and my stepfather.

Thank You Jesus.

1 comment:

antonia said...

Amen!

Thank you Jesus!!

God gives back more than we could ever imagine!

"my cup overflows"

xxxx