Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bah humbug.

When bad things happen, I always avoid facing them. I pretend that they haven't happened. If it's something that I will have to inevitably face, I'll wait til the very last second to start thinking about it.

Today my car died again. I had a feeling something was wrong with it when I drove it home yesterday. It sounded funny, and tonight I felt like something from the supermarket so I got in and listened to it for a few moments and it sounded dodgy, and I drove about 200 meters down the street and the oil light started flashing and a weird smell came from under the bonnet. I pulled over immediately and called my Mum. She sent my stepfather to come and have a look, and indeedy there was a problem, a long trail of oil streaming out from beneath it. So now once again, I am without transport.

I don't want to think about it, and obviously it's inevitable since I have classes at 9am tomorrow morning. My Dad just sent me $150 to help me with some books and things for classes, but besides that I'm pretty much dirt broke. I have no money to fix the car, no money to find another car and absolutely no other options. The way the oil is streaming from my car makes me think it's probably something pretty dire.

I'm a little bit sad I guess cos everything has been going so wonderfully lately and I know that we always have these little things to test us, but this is a pretty big deal. I was so used to having my independance back, and just in the middle of saving up for insurance coverage and wahhhh. Something else that I need to spend my money on. It's just a bit depressing. I feel like I have way more than I can handle right now in terms of debt.

I guess I'll let my Mum contact the mechanic and see what he says. I need to just pray that it's nothing too huge and can be easily fixed, because I really need my transport right now. :(

God Bless,
Jess

No comments: