Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It Takes Two Babeh

So, I went to It Takes Two last night to see Guy Sebastian ... and it was a lot of fun, as I thought it would be. My friend, Jen gave me a ticket and we went with two other friends who I haven't seen since late April.

I haven't ever been to a studio taping before so it was all really interesting. I wasn't that excited til I got there. Jen and I got two front row seats on the balcony which was so cool cause we could see the stage so well. We were puppeteered a lot, told when to clap, when not to clap, to clap in front of our faces, and not down low, all that kind of stuff. I saw another one of my friends there too waving over at me multiple times through the show which was kinda funny and nice.

The show, if noone knows, is about established singers duetting with celebrities who aren't singers and they are supposed to teach them to sing. Each week one couple gets voted off. Guy was paired with an Olympic swimmer, Sarah Ryan. She seems really lovely and looks to me a lot like Uma Thurman. I think secretly she loves Guy in a giggly school girl kinda way too. She gave him googly eyes a lot during the night. There are other singers that I really like who were there too, including this absolutely stunning R&B singer, Jade Macrae. I would go as far as to say she's the most beautiful looking girl I've ever seen. I hear that she's really lovely too. She was wearing a very Tina Turner dress, with huge afro hair and I couldn't get over how gorgeous she looked.

So Sarah and Guy sang "from this moment" which was my brother's wedding song. I feel sorry for Sarah. Everyone bags her singing out, but she's the only one besides maybe one or two other contestants who have actually never had any singing training what-so-ever, so everyone kind of picks on her and how bad she is -- but considering she's had no training as a singer at all, she's doing really really well. I could never perform as well as she did. Guy is such a sweetiepie. He's definitely the type of Guy you'd want to bring home to meet your Mum after church on a Sunday morning (he'd come to church too, because he's a devout Christian) ... He was really supportive toward her the whole night -- she was obviously peaking it. He was all, holding her hand, patting her shoulder, putting his cute little arms around her -- I like those kind of boys.

Anyway, here's a short video of their performance -- you can hear the nerves in her voice -- but gosh... as soon as he grabbed her hand. I secretly wished that it was me. =[ and that it was me that was being serenaded. I don't blame her notes for being off -- I wouldn't have been able to even open my mouth after having a voice like his belt out after my crap.





If he was singing to me like that, by the end of the song we'd be married, with children -- living on a farm with lots of acrage and about 30 baby animals. I love boys that can sing. Nice, affectionate boys who can sing. I definitely walked away with a renewed huge, fat crush on Guy Sebastian.

He came out after the show but a lot of people jumped him so we kind of just waited back and didn't try to push our way to talk to him. I couldn't be bothered with that crap. I'd prefer to wait when he's in the mood and has the time to hang out and about and chat.

I luff him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, Guy got much better looking after he cut off his fro, as shallow as I feel to say that. -hides-

And he always seems very friendly, and sweet. I think the swimmer is gorgeous too! Good on her for having a go!!

Glad you had fun, dear :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO.
What ever happened to- "I dont think Guy is hot- just cute?"
I think i love the show because he has to wear a suit most of the time...and a boy who is affectionate, can sing, has dreamy eyes AND wears suits and looks drop dead in them....is definately crush worthy!

I wonder what they will pik next week.
I think they should do uptempo!

MJJ Insider said...

Aly, I agree. He doesn't look like a greaseball anymore. Although I have to say, I really love him whichever way he looks. Pictures and TV never do him any justice. He's always so much better looking in person. :)

Val, I still wouldn't say he was "hot" in that sexy sense, but he is definitely gorgeous and crush worthy. He looks so good in a suit. :)

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I look back and appreciate this new haircut so much!

MJJ Insider said...

I still like his idol hair the best... the harry high-hair. Soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY I get a mention on your blog...lol. Glad you enjoyed yourself. :) And here's me saying do YOU mind if we watch the video a second time - ROFL

MJJ Insider said...

LOL jen if you knew how many times ive watched it lmao. seriously, ive had to have watched this performance about 86 times over!!!LMAO.

OoOOoOh and youre now famous. hahaha. Hey, I dont have tickets for this week yet!! hahaha. Ill call Shane tomorrow :P