Sunday, June 25, 2006

I have been blessed, I live only for your happiness...

Guy Sebastian was performing in the city and it was a free little gig in the city centre so he could give Sarah (his partner on the singing show) some singing experience. So we decided to go down (one of my bestfriends, Caro and I.). I was sick, of course, but I convinced myself otherwise (yep, priorities are all wrong.) I hadn't seen Caro for about 2 months so I was also looking forward to seeing her and a friend of mine had come from Sydney for an extended weekend and she was going to come as well, we would meet her there. I was pretty excited. We had no idea where we were going, but a call from my friend provided me with some rather vague (but as it turns out, accurate) directions. We arrived and I said hello to my friends and hung back with Caro for awhile until the gig began.






Guy performed "Oh, Oh" (It's a funny kinda song, basically telling girls to stop being such skanks, put your clothes on, I like you better when you're classy. etc) and then, a song from his new album called "Trade This Love" (It's a pretty cute song. I have to admit, it's grown on me.) and Al Green's "Let's Stay Together", then Sarah came out and they sang the songs They've done on the show together-- "Dancing Queen", "From This Moment" and the song they'll perform tonight, "I'm A Believer" it was pretty fun.

What I love about Guy, is that he never treats me like a "fan" but always talks to me like I was actually a person (duh, I am) I always refrained from butt kissing or any of those, "Omgz I luvvv youuuu will you marry mee!!!" fan moments (I'm not really the star struck type -- when people act like that, I get embarrassed...) Anyway, when I came to Christ very early last year, Guy and I had a conversation about it, backstage after a concert. It was an intense conversation, and one of the hardest convos I've ever tried to have. I walked away feeling like a moron and was put off talking to him ever again. (He didn't make me feel stupid, I just had a severe case verbal diahorreah and blurted disjointed sentences about ... who knows what, and I'm sure he was confused -- but a lot of what I was trying to say was to do with him, his beliefs and so forth.)



Anyway. I've been to about 5 or 6 gigs since then and I've had plenty of opportunity to say hello, but I haven't been able to force myself. I wrote him a brief email a few days ago (before the gig) explaining that it'd been over a year since I'd actually said anything except a communal hello (and even then, I'm not even sure he heard or knew I was there) and explained in about 3 or 4 lines, my reasons -- and he replied to me on Thursday. The email was so kind and gracious and it made me feel so much better about the whole thing. (I was aware that it was a much bigger "thing" in my head) Basically, I had to come up and say hello to him next time... Well, that happened to be friday.

After the show, he came toward the front and signed some stuff for people. He was standing beside me and I waited patiently, and gave him a soft little poke in the ribs. He glanced at me, but don't think right away it registered that he knew me. He kind of laughed, and then he was done with the person beside me. I said "Hello" very shyly (I was so freakin' nervous). For a split second, I thought that he wouldn't connect me with the Jess that he sent the email to-- but I was quickly put to rest. He said, "Heyyyy Jess!" and gave me a big squishy hug. :) I said, Hello how are you, and then he mentioned, "I saw your myspace page the other day..." hehehehehe. And basically it was all just a very quick few moments, because there were loads of other people who wanted photos and autographs but I felt really good about finding the courage to actually speak to him again.



Afterwards, we hung around for a bit to talk to my friend who was in from Sydney and Jen who had come along too-- and I had a few words with another friend who was there. It was nice to see him again too. Although, I'd seen him the weekend before (but didn't get the chance to speak). When we left Caro and I went to have lunch together and then we took the long journey home. And I got home, and uploaded some photographs that I took. I'm having problems uploading them. Why is blogger photo uploader so tempremental?

I resolved that I need to read my bible more. I also need to be praying more. I've gotten a bit lazy lately and I know God wants to hear it from me just how I'm really doing. :) God has been real good to me lately... I need to stop often and never take it for granted.

Anyhoo, I'll be back with some profound thoughts later. Aren't my pictures pretty? Oh and P.S does anyone know how I can add like a song on here for people to listen to??

Thanks :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww - those pics are lovely! Glad you had a good time. =)

MJJ Insider said...

Joee, :) glad you like Guy. He's a good boy.

About the radioblog ... you download the zip file (if you click on "I want my radio blog") from the radioblog website, you need to upload it to some webspace (you can use maybe some webspace you got with your internet host or something), and inside the zip is a little set of instructions. Its not TOO hard, if I can do it, anyone can do it...

Try that, and if you have anymore issues you can ask or email me or something and Ill see if I can help more :)

russel said...

matrimony

http://www.nursematrimony.com

earn online
http://www.freelancee.org

earn online

http://www.earnonlinee.com