Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Throat infection, singing, and procrastination.

lol, as usual, I go to bed with good intentions... and wake up without them. I've still failed to do much of anything. Why isn't that surprising? ... As I said to my friend today, I just ... well, I dunno.. I'm finding it so hard to give a shit -- about much. I miss Sydney, I miss my friends, I miss my Dad so much I can't even express. I miss Sharidan too, she's been overseas since March and she's pretty much my only true friend out here... I hope September will come soon.

On Sunday during Mass it came to my attention that I was having some problems opening my mouth too wide, (not that I generally walk around with my mouth agape, but yawning and eating, etc.) and my throat hurt a lot on the right side. I ran around the house telling anyone who'd listen (4 dogs and a cat and my Mum) that "OMGZ I HAVE THE KISSING DISEASE! [glandular fever]" ... only, I haven't shared drinks, kissed or shared saliva for oh, quite some time. It continued to hurt, hindering my ability to swallow normally for the past week. So I went to the Dr today, nevermind that I had to wait almost 2 hrs to see him, and he checked my throat out and apparently it's filled with pus! Yum.

Nasty throat infection. Let's now pump my body full of anti-biotics and see how it goes.

Still haven't found a decent doctor out here. and even the Drs that they say are "good" aren't as Mum and I call them, "real" doctors... I am thinking I might make an appointment for my old doctor closer to the city and save these cereal box drs for when I have to have cold / flu related check ups.

I was going to talk about my classes today, but I realised I can't be bothered and in fact, instead of doing home work, leisure work, or even any reading. I'm just going to go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well im glad you dont have gladular fever (who have u been kissing??)- cus i know how bad that is! But nonetheless i hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Is glandular fever what we call Mono?

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better soon..look after yourself...