Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How do I explain.

I have been having a huge debate with an Evangelical Christian about being "saved" vs. coming to Christ through Catholicism. They said...

"you're catholic right? Did you know that Jesus said that "unless a person is born again they cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven"?"

How can I explain (because I am scared of misrepresenting myself) the reasons why baptism cleanses us and why Catholics will also see the Kingdom of Heaven? So far, it's been a pretty fair debate... and this is the first time the person has brought up the fact that I'm Catholic, so was just wondering if someone can help?

[edit]Far out... this person is going for it. How exactly, would I answer this without having to lose my freaking mind?

but you do realize that the catholic church goes against things the bible says and they also have made up many things themselves. The catholic church doesn't even teach salvation which is why Jesus came and died.

I'm tempted to leave it as it is, but I don't want him to assume victory just cos I haven't responded.[/edit]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you'll do a great job! My brain isn't working at the moment so i can't help! lol

God bless

Michael said...

In babtism we receive a renewed nature that alone is able to enter into God's plan of salvation.

I don't understand how someone can think the Catholic Church doesn't teach salvation.

For more check out my blog at www.rebirthandtheeucharist.blogspot.com

Michael

Michael said...

Oops, baptism.