Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Have I found spiritual enlightenment?

I think I have finally truly understood the necessity for Daily Prayer. I have understood it's importance and how spiritually fulfilling it can be especially when my soul feels weak.

I was always so scared of prayer because I felt like I wasn't doing it "properly", or that my petitions to God Almighty weren't important or worthy. Or, sometimes? Honestly? I was just pure lazy.

But isn't it funny that I can pick up my phone and dial my friends and talk to them for hours? But yet, I hardly made time to talk to God.

Isn't it funny that I can dedicate more than an hour a day to a Michael Jackson fan forum, surfing and discussing the latest and greatest updates? But yet, couldn't open my bible and read one single passage?

I have been posting over at the Catholic Answers Forum, learning about my faith, asking questions and partaking in general conversation in regards to the Church. Unfortunately at the moment I used up all of our download limit so I have been pushed back to dial up and it won't load.

That's okay, I have a heap of work to do. I am so behind. I am in the middle of loads of Data entry and I really don't have much time for anything else. But I just wanted to write this quick update before I get back to it.

I am feeling very, very good. I think I may have also found a temporary solution to my illness issue in time for work placement next week. Ha, so much for enjoying my holidays!!!

P.S Anyone reading this from Italy? I need a copy of L'uomo Vogue. haha Yes. Need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way jess...prayer really helps me focus. And its a bit like training...if i get distracted during prayer (which i often do)..i start again. God deserves my full attention.
Keep praying...and rememberu can pray whenever and wherever...He can read what our hearts are saying without any words being spoken .

love you!

MJJ Insider said...

Thanks :) Love you too.

Anonymous said...

keep praying!