Saturday, December 09, 2006

Thanks for wasting my time.

After trying to contact this disability support organisation for the past 2 weeks, including 6 phone calls and 2 visits in to the office (I was promised more than 6 times they would call me back and not once did they honour that promise) and managing finally to speak to someone who actually was at her job for the real purpose (helping people like me), I was directed to file a formal complaint to senior staff. Excellent.

I filed the complaint. Less than 24 hours later someone from snr staff called me back. He called the office in which the ridiculous assessment was made, and they were on the phone to me less than a hour later. It seems that my trip to Sydney was futile because they decided to cover up their pathetic lie about communicating with my doctor (never happened) by telling me that that letter got to me by sheer accident and that they were never intending to cut my financial assistence. I'm sorry, how on earth does a letter with my name, address and customer reference number and previous income details get accidentally mailed to me with a lie attached and a ridiculous assessment outcome?

I am just ever so grateful, Praise God, that I finally got subjected to two employees who actually cared about my situation enough to ensure that it was all smoothed out for the sake of alleviating my stress. I took both of their names and employee receipt numbers so I can call back customer service feed back to compliment those staff members. If it weren't for them I'd still be chasing this crap up.

In other news, I got a ticket to Guy Sebastian's Melbourne concert today thanks to one of my lovely friends. :) That's not 'til February next year though.

Also... I've been reading about Stigmatics and Pope John Paul II and I'm absolutely intrigued by both... Although confused, slightly about Stigmatics -- why does this occur and I don't understand why Jesus would want to make His faithful followers endure what He went through? I'm probably completely looking at this from the wrong angle, so please feel free to correct me... Is it a blessing to be a stigmatic? A few websites I read referred to them as "victims", but others, "blessed" ... I'm confused.

As for Pope John Paul II ... wow, what an amazing man. I already knew he was amazing, but ... reading about his life sure gave me a new appreciation. I didn't know he was so into theatre and he went through such family tragedies and of course, lived through war-torn Poland.... He's just such an amazing inspiration.

I moved my DVD player and VCRs out of my room so that I would be less distracted from reading the bible and my other things that I have procrastinated for so long.

I was invited to a Healing Mass on wednesday and I completely forgot all about it. I really wish I had of went along. I suppose there is always next time. Anyway, it's way too late for me. I'm off to bed.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

antonia said...

Hi Jess!

I'm very very glad to hear that it got sorted out in the end, sorry you had such a long and stressful time actually getting it sorted though.

As for Stigmatas...

Holy people who recieve the stigmata actually *want* to have them, and more importantly they *want* to have the pain and suffering that goes with them.
In fact, the visibleness of a stigmata is not necessary; some Saints who had visible stigmata prayed that they would be made invisible, so as not to draw attention to them, but that they still kept the suffering associated with them.

Accept the suffering lovingly is seen as being a way of sharing in Jesus's own suffering and in imitating Him.
He suffered horrificially for the salvation of the world, and many faithful imitate him by accepting their own suffering lovingly, and offering it to God for the expiation of sin.

The nature of suffering, of carrying one's cross lovingly, of accepting lovingly what we don't want to accept, of self-denial, of making up to God by our self-less-ness for all the sins of selfishness of the world are very much Bible based, and both Jesus and St. Paul talk quite a bit about it.

Here is a list of Bible verses on suffering and it's purpose:
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/suffering.html


But it's a really interesting question, thanks for asking!

Oh, and as for the 'blessed' and 'victim' thing...well, having not read them in context I can't say for definite, but I'd guess that they are using the word 'victim' in the same way that Jesus is described as being a victim....a victim of love for the world, a victim of suffering for the salvation of the world...


I don't know how right I am about all this, but this is what comes to my mind!

God Bless

-x-x-x-x-

Unknown said...

It's good to hear about you finally dealing with some people who do their work properly.

I was going to add a bit on stigmatas but Antonia has done a good job.
Ok i'll add a little (lol)
With the victims though, I also haven't read it to know what they mean by that, but to be clear, no one is an actual victim in the sense that they did not want this.
St.Catherine of siena had stigmata, she is one of the saints who started showing the outward signs and then asked for them to be inward, also St.Francis of Asissi is a great story, reading about these saints will give a good understanding on it.
In the early times when stigmata had happened to some of the saints, the Church was under attack. So the people wanted some kind of direct contact with Jesus, some individuals then started to suffer along with Jesus (and wanting to), feeling his body on the cross with their own bodies.
Today it's the same, the disbeleif and disregard for belief in Jesus is still going on. Stigmata for some would be terrifying but others would find great comfort in knowing the sufferings of Jesus.

That's just some of what I understand of it, i'm sure there are lots more people who can add a lot more.
Have fun at the Guy Sebastian concert!

MJJ Insider said...

Thanks so much to both of you lovely girlies for the detailed answers... I think I'll keep trying to read more info about it. It's always really intrigued me, cos before I became a Catholic I thought stigmata was a myth based around a ridiculous movie with Patricia Arquette haha...

I'll read up more about those Saints that you mentioned, and I will definitely check that other sufferings scripture link, Antonia! =)

Thanks heaps to both of you!